Weapons Charges Attorney in Plano
A Plano weapons charges attorney at our law firm can help if you or someone you know has been accused of any type of criminal offense that involves a firearm or other weapon. There are a variety of weapon-related offenses, many of which are felonies or may result in enhanced penalties applied to other crimes. It is absolutely crucial that you talk to a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible about your options in challenging these charges.
Types of Weapon & Firearm Charges
Most people think of firearms when the topic of weapon charges is brought up. However, there are many different items that may be considered weapons. Following are some of the types of objects that may be covered under Texas weapon laws:
- Club - nightstick, tomahawk, mace, blackjack
- Explosive weapon - bomb, grenade, rocket, mine
- Handgun - a firearm designed to be fired with one hand
- Illegal knife - knife with a blade more than 5 ½ inches long, sword, spear, bowie knife
- Switchblade knife
- Machine gun, short-barrel firearm, zip gun or any other type of gun
- Chemical dispensing device - a device made to dispense a dangerous chemical or substance
- Armor-piercing ammunition
- Hoax bomb - a fake bomb
A defendant may face criminal charges for various activities related with these types of weapons. This may include: unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of an illegal weapon, possession of a weapon in the commission of a crime, discharge or use of a weapon or firearm in the commission of a crime, unlawful sale or distribution of weapons, and weapons trafficking.
Plano Criminal Lawyer for Weapon-Related Charges
It does not matter what type of weapon-related charges you may be facing. You may be in danger of serious penalties, and a lawyer can work to help you avoid these. To learn more about how we can represent your interests, contact a Plano weapon charges lawyer at the Zendeh Del Law Firm.